0

Colorful Christmas Owls (Upcycle)

Finally I found my camera charger and it will take an hour to be fully charged then I can show you on of Becky Higgins Core kit.  While waiting let me show you one of the Christmas ornaments I did for Christmas 2012.  I love owls and that's a secret no more.  I collect owls that I find really really really cute and my collection is slowly growing.  Normally I buy one whenever we go to other countries coz it's more expensive here in Sweden.  Being a fan of owls, I made few pieces for our Christmas tree.  Isay only few coz I made use of well-pap soft boards when I get a package.  Sometimes, inside the package the items are wrapped with well-papp and I save those.

It's very easy to make coz you cut the width to your liking then roll and secure.  Afterwards you just decorate it.  I mainly used what I have in my stash like the eyelash yarn, 3D eyes, did cut randomly beaks using leftover yellow cardstock and halfmoon in black cardstock that serves as eyebrows then added stickles.  I made use of the different feathers I have and I found some plastic hats, too =)  So easy indeed!


 A close-up look:

Aren't they cute? 


 As for the back, I punched round scallops to cover the messiness of the feathers and punched and adhered 2 small circles before securing the ribbon to hang.  yes, I did use well-papp to make it stable.

A sample of one of the owls hanged in our Christmas tree.

Thanks for viewing =)

Have a great week-end and happy crafting!


0 comments:

Back to Top