2

POKEMON 7th Birthday Invitations

Joseph is very very happy with his invitations and proud to say we both worked hard on this project. We sure had a grand time together and I made him decide on what embossing folder ... colors of ink pads ... where to put the digital image. He got sad along the way coz he can't help me in every step of the way - torn between cartoons and cardmaking hahahahahahhaha.

In the invitation, it says there that if you cannot attend call NLt 17th. Everytime a parent calls my heart pounded coz I want all his classmates (boys) to attend. It made me and Joseph (especially) when it's just a call to say how awesome the card is and they will not miss the private party.


Materials / Tools:

Different B & W pictures of Pokemon printed on Laser printer and used one image as digital stamp. The other Pokemon pix will be used for coloring books which will be one of his thank you gifts to all the guests (kids).
Tim Holtz Embossing Folder - Rays
Ranger Distress Ink Pads
Hot Off the Press Acrylic Stamp for the "You're Invited"
Cardstocks from CCHobby
Handmade Papers as the base card
Clay machine
Cricut Cartridge - Create A Critter
Copic Markers and ProMarkers
Heide Swapp Edge Distresser
Zig Marker (black) for doodling
Daler Rowny FW Pearlescent Liquid Acrylic - to color the Pokemon clay accent as well as to give highlights on the digital image.
Paper Clay (white)

Procedure:

Joseph embossed the green cardstock with TH embossing folder - rays. I distressed all the edges both the green and blue cardstocks.  Highlighted the edges with Ranger distress ink pad - peeled paint for the green cardstock and broken china for the blue cardstock.

 Swish some Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade ranger Distress ink pads to give a sunny rays effect.


After printing out the Pokemo digital image, I colored the image(s) with Copic makrkers and Promarkers.

 I borrowed Joseph's Pokemon chip and played with paper clay.


Joseph colored each clay chips with pearlescent acrylic paint.


Although the mass produced Pokemon chips are reverse, Joseph was very very happy.

  Used Create A Critter cartridge to die-cut the words "Let's Play".


 Printed out the given Nikki's invitation card. Nikki's Adventureland is where Joseph will have his private party =)

2 comments:

HeARTworks said...

That's wonderful! You're making special memories for Joseph which he won't forget! I remember when my son was young and I would make invites and games to make his birthdays extra special. Then I would scrap about it and even now that he's 15 he looks at his scrapbook and even shows his friends! But your card is more elaborate even! I'm sure Joseph and the little kids are so looking forward to the party! Patsy from
HeARTworks

JEROSHA ÄRETUN said...

Hi Patsy! How nice and sweet of you to drop by at my site leaving lots of love and kindness. Joseph and all his classmates (boys) had a blast last night on his private party in an adventure-land here. Parents were amazed on the invitations I made but it blew their minds when their kids received the handmade give-a-ways I made. Joseph helped me on the packaging coz we were pressed for time. I'm so sure your son is proud to have you as his mom coz you are one of the great artists I have ever encountered.

Back to Top