0

Transparency Lollipop Flowers

For now (hopefully) you have seen how I made cardstock lollipop flowers ( http://jerosha.multiply.com/photos/album/253/The_Easiest_Flower_To_Make_Lollipop_Flowers ). This time I made lollipop flowers using ordinary transparencies. I say ordinary transparencies because I don't want to waste my transparencies specifically used for color printing. Both kinds of transparencies are very very expensive here and good thing my brother gave me boxes two years ago.

I really love the effect of the transparency when I made this project. I was careful in using the heating tool and it was fun getting messy with the alcohol inks and distress pads.




I got the alcohol inks in one of the surprise packages DH gave me during my birthday last month then the feathers I got from my DMIL. She gave me packs of different colors of feathers and I was really happy coz I noticed that using feathers is one of the "in" thing right now with paper crafting. I saw some cards and traditional scrapbook layouts adding feathers that in a way gave a vintage look.

MATERIALS:

Ordinary Transparencies
Alcohol Inks
Embossing Folders
Staz-On Ink Pads
Heat Gun
Brads or buttons
Rhinestones (Optional)
Leaves and Feathers (Optional)

PROCEDURE:

You may create bigger or smaller flowers than the ones I made but for my project I decided to freehand cut circles with the size of 1 1/2, 2, and 2 1/2. Freehand cut is better coz it will give character to your flowers.

 Each transparency circle were embossed using Tim Holtz and Cuttlebug embossing folders. 
After embossing I just inked each with alcohol inks.

 Then to highlight the embossed parts, I gently swiped staz-on ink pad and let dry.

 I applied staz-on ink pads on the edges and let dry again.
Once dried I used my heat gun to have a crumple and burn effect. I was very careful in doing this.
Note: if you heat too close you will lose all those embossed areas - it will flatten back so just be careful.

 Layering and embellishing. I used stickles again on each flower and even on those flower brads then I attached the leaves I made using the paper crimper.

 I don't know if you can see the feathers I have attached. gggrrr don't know what went wrong when I took this picture.

To see how I made the leaves just read http://scrapbookingwithjerosha.blogspot.com/2010/09/crimper-and-paper-textured-leaves.html



0 comments:

Back to Top