0

Another way to Make Own Glimmer Mist !!!

Ok, one of the things I got during my birthday last August was a bulk of paint. DH showered me with packages supposedly for 8 days and all boxes were filled with craft goodies hehehehehehehehehehehehe. Although some boxes arrived late which in fact I'm still waiting for 2 more, I'm so happy and thrilled that he took so much effort of ordering such craft materials just to make me happy. It was fun receiving notices to claim packages almost everyday but the sad part is 2 notices I got says that I have to wait for a week or so :(

The bulk of paint I was talking about are of different kinds but all acrylic. The paints that made me so happy like a little girl are those that are pearlescent coz when it dries on a paper either it sparkles or give a shimmer effect.

Realizing that it gives a shimmer/sparkle effect, I then experimented if it will be a success in making glimmer mist. You see, to make a spray paint, one has just to mix water and the paint so no need to buy those expensive spray paints ... in my opinion.

So, I gathered all my empty spray bottles - the ones we use when we go on travels ... then the pearlescent and metallic paints plus a strong white glue and a stick.

Having all these materials in-hand, I started making my own glimmer mist for the second time around. I say the second time around because if you remember I made my first batch of glimmer mist which you can read at http://scrapbookingwithjerosha.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-home-made-glimmer-mist.html


Now, forget about my first experiment coz this second experiment is a big hit for me. Besides, I am aware that most of you can't find perfect pearls, right? Forget about perfect pearls on this tutorial.

One mistake I did in this latest experiment was in one bottle I tried using Glitter Acrylic Paint :( it's a big No-No because it will ruin your spray bottle due to the glitters. It will stuck on the tiny hose of your pump :( It was a waste but I learned my lesson =)



These are the colors I was able to make but a new batch will be made soon.


Can you see the shimmer effect inside the bottle?  yummy, right?


It really shimmers ... glimmer ... and shines =)


Materials Needed:

White Glue
Stick
Water
Empty Spray bottles
Metallic / Pearlescent Acrylic Paints

Procedure:

1. Fill your spray bottle about 3/4 of water.

2. Then with your stick dip it in your glue and put it in your bottle filled with water. I say dip not scoop, ok? The glue will act as the binder.  Mix it very well.

3. Drop paints in the bottle. I have no measurement for this because the more paints you use the darker the mist will be. Besides, your bottle is already filled with 3/4 water so you only have 1/4 space to fill in, right? Now, don't fill in too much paint because it would be difficult to pump your bottle. Either you lessen your water or simply follow this tutorial.

4. Mix well as in mix well using your stick.

5. Try spraying on a cardstock and decide if you're happy with the shade of your mist.

I'm so happy with my second experiment in making home-made glimmer mist and it's even more shimmery than the branded ones. With this experiment I was able to save a lot of money.

All I have to do now is come up with a name on each color i made hehehehehehehehehehehehehe =)
I hope you will try this experiment of mine. Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Lastly, if ever you try this recipe, please acknowledge my effort and time of sharing my experiment.

Have a great week-end!

0 comments:

Back to Top