6

My Home-Made Glimmer Mist

I have always wanted to buy home-made glimmer mist but it's expensive especially if you buy different shades.  I was so determined to buy few bottles but a fellow crafter here in Uppsala informed me that she makes her own using perfect pearls and water.  Instead of buying I opted to try but first I bought those empty traveling spray bottles then took out my one and only perfect pearls from my drawer which I bought few weeks ago.

Before starting my day project, I browsed at internet and check out exactly on how to do it.  All the same - just mix it with water but then I have to bear in mind that perfect pearls don't have binder as compared to pearl-ex.  With the binder, the glitter will not brush off.  Darn!  I can't find pearl-ex here in Sweden :(  Alas!  I read that one can use the hairspray itself or use a glue which once again the brand is not available here in Sweden.  I don't even remember the brand right this moment.

Anyway, since I'm taking few minutes break from the birthday invitations ordered by a sweet client, I decided to make glimmer mist one in water and one using hairpsray.  This way I will know the difference and check which I like most.

Procedure:
Prepare all the materials needed
Fill bottle spray with water (half-filled or less)
Few drops of reinker or food coloring (depending on the brightness of the color you want to achieve)
Using an ice cream stick, take a scoop of the perfect pearls
Blend well by shaking side-to-side


Let's talk about using the water first :

Empty traveling spray bottle half-filled with water
Perfect Pearls - Gold
Reinker - midnight blue

Hhhmm, I added 10 drops of reinker and the shade is lightest blue I've ever seen but the glitter is visible

Now let's see the effect using hairspray:

Mind you I had to open the top of the hairspray just so I can get the liquid.  I don't use hairspray but I got this accidentally several months ago and I've never used it.Since I don't want to use my few reinkers, I used food coloring instead. I added 6 drops of food coloring.

Ooooohhhhhh  I love the visibility of the color blending with the gold glitter effect from perfect pearls


And here are the first batch of my home-made glitter mist.  Both effects I like but if I ran out of hairpsray I can always use water in making my own glimmer mist.  Before using your home-made glimmer mist, swirl it first.  Will do more glimmer mist when I'm done with the invitations I'm making for a client =)

6 comments:

thecraftyladybug said...

This is really a cool idea!

JEROSHA ÄRETUN said...

Try it Jas coz I'm very very happy and satisfied with my home-made glimmer mist =)

thecraftyladybug said...

cge, I will look for perfect pearls here or similar material. thanks, again for sharing your craft recipe :)

JEROSHA ÄRETUN said...

sige let me know if you were able to experiment using something else aside from perfect pearls. That PP is so expensive here plus hard to find. Luckily I saw 1 last stock and bought it na lang.

Carolynscrapbook said...

Hola Jerosha tambien se puede usar las sobras de colores las que usamos para maquillaje

JEROSHA ÄRETUN said...

Hi carolyn! I made new batch of glimmer mist and this time it's truly amazing =) Will post it here anytime now =)

Back to Top