0

A Different Kind of Case - Sour Cream Case

Good afternoon ladies!!!

This day I created a very cute and easy to make gift case and it's called Sour Cream Case. I created the cases with the stamped clay keychains/magnets in my mind which I made the other day. It wouldn't be nice to just give the give-a-ways the way it is, right?

At first I thought of making a handbag ... a box ....for a case but I'm kind'a tired of that style coz I see it everywhere. Oh, I will certainly make bags someday but not this time. I had to consider that some guests at the party will be male and giving them a handbag as gift case will not be "macho" thing for them hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Can you imagine a tall and masculing Swedish male guest gets a teeny-weeny handbag? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Anyway, with "macho" men in my mind plus the women, I decided to make a "sour cream" case. It's called sour cream coz the design is patterned after sour cream in cartons you buy at the grocery especially in the US, Australia, and maybe Philippines. The truth is, we don't have this kind of sour cream case here in Sweden coz everything is in a box form .... yeah, boring hehehehehhehehe.

Materials Used:
Plain colored cardstocks - of course you may use printed cardstocks. But in my case I just played around with the colors I used in making the stamped clay keychains and magnets I made the other day.
My choices of CTMH stamping pads - I had to use the pads since I prefer to stamp images on each paper
Versacolor Black Stamp pad
Butterfly Rubber Stamp by Slöjd-Detaljer
Power Tape ( a very sticky double sided tape for heavy-duty purposes)
Scissors Paper Crimper - I don't have a line crimper but I used the wave crimper instead
Ribbon Stumpin' Up Scallop Punch "Tack" Rubber Stamp by Slöjd-Detaljer Rolling Tape
The gift(s) you'll be putting inside the case. It can be anything as long as it fits the case you made. In my case, I wrapped each clay keychain with tissue paper then inserted it inside. I should have added chocolate(s) hehehehehehhe

Please note that I used the 5 1/2 inches x 4 1/2 inches size. You can play with the sizes coz it really depends on what you're gonna put inside the case. You may also use an ordinary transparency instead of cardstock. I will be making one in transparency coz I think it will be really nice. I learned about this cute unique case at Splitcoasters :D

For the tutorial please click http://jerosha.multiply.com/photos/album/117/Sour_Cream_Gift_Case :D

0 comments:

Back to Top